Commissioned personalised Tea Cup & Saucer in white earthenware
A custom made tea cup and saucer with decal transfers produced especially for you for that special personalised gift.
This is a long making process hence the cost of creating this tea cup and saucer set. I thought I would explain it below.
1. I design the shape of the piece.
2. Create a model of the shape in plaster using a plaster lathe.
3. Make a multi-piece plaster mould - depending on the item I am making. A tea cup and saucer is generally made from a 3 or 4 piece mould and each section is cast separately to make a whole mould.
4. Slip cast the item - if it is a tea cup I would attach the handle which would be a separate mould.
5. Dry out the item so it is fully dry before firing.
9. Attach decal transfers.
It's ready to sell.
It's a very long and time consuming process as you will see.
Please email me for your requests for personalisations - names, photographs, pictures, you name it, we can do it!